I always assumed peppermint bark would be very hard and complicated to make. Just looking at it made me wonder how long perfecting it would take. My assumption was very wrong. It could not be any easier than I imagined! Just two bags of white chocolate morsels and a bag of starlight peppermints is all I needed. This took me about 15 minutes to make and I refrigerated the bark overnight. It made a lot so I used some for treat bags. It was fun to make and would be difficult to mess up. What is even better, is how good this turns out! The perfect combination of chocolate and peppermint to satisfy your taste-buds It is such a delicious treat to snack on and devour during the Holidays!
Start by crushing the peppermints. I used a meat mallet. Also, the help of muscles from my boyfriend cut my time in half!
Melted white chocolate chip microwaved in a glass bowl
Half of the crushed peppermint being folded into the chocolate
I spread the mixture onto the baking sheet to the edge of the foil
After being refrigerated, the mixture has hardened
The bark easily breaks by using your hands. It is up to you on the size of bark you want to have!
Once broken up, you can enjoy eating! I displayed some on my peppermint candy dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes Microwave: 2 minutes Refrigerate: 1 hour
What You Need:
- 2 bags (12oz. each) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peppermint candies, unwrapped
How To Make:
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan (I used my large cookie sheet) with foil
- Coat with nonstick cooking spray (Do not use too much)
- Place chips in a large glass bowl
- Microwave according to directions on bag. Stir. Repeat, stirring until smooth.
- Place candies in a quart size resealable plastic bag
- Crush with a meat mallet or heavy saucepan
- Fold half the crushed candies into melted chocolate
- Pour onto prepared pan, spreading almost to edge of pan
- Sprinkle top with remaining crushed candies
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour
- Break apart into bite size pieces
Per serving: 143 calories. 7g fat (4g saturated fat). 1g protein. 20g carb. 0g fiber. 22mg sodium. 3mg cholesterol.
Incoming search terms:
- 12 crushed mints is how many cups
- pinterest peppermint bark
- pinterest white pepperment bark ornaments